Wednesday, November 30, 2011

George's List of Inspiration 2011

1. Arctic Monkeys- Suck it and See

I feel like I purchased this classic album off the BMG Music site years ago. Turner has such a great voice, and album screams with maturity. Between this effort, the Submarine EP, and the Miles Kane solo project I am thirsting for the next Last Shadow Puppets album.



2. Frank Ocean- Nostalgia, Ultra

After being ignored by Def Jam for a year Frank Ocean gave this album away free. He will no longer be ignored...the freshest voice since Kanye has my song of the year in "Novacane."



3. Watch The Throne

All of the excess that I expected and wanted...



4. The Weeknd- House of Balloons

Incredible ambient R&B with an Ethiopian Canadian flavor. If you had a threesome this past year, most likely it was to this album.



5. Noel Gallagher- High Flying Birds

I named my son after him, you didn't think I would leave this album out did you? Noel's B-sides remind us what early Radiohead used to sound like before they decided to emulate R2D2 and 3-CPO, and his solo album proves he can still write a hook effortlessly...Looking forward to his 2012 collaboration with Amorphous Androgynous.



6. Washed Out- Within and Without

The premiere chillwave album of the year. I cut my grass to this 100x this year...



7. Smith Westerns- Dye it Blonde

Brit pop out of Chicago...count me in. Have been opening up for the Arctic Monkeys on their current tour.



8. Miles Kane- Colour of the Trap

Did I mention I am looking forward to the new Shadow Puppets album? Cool as they come solo debut and one hell of a sexy video in "Come Closer." Added bonus: Noel Gallagher sings backing vocals in the great tune "My Fantasy."



9. Girls- Father, Son, Holy Ghost

Brings me back to the 60's and 70's...great guitar



10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.- It's A Corporate World

One of the top videos of the year in "Nothing But Our Love" this band from Detroit is less goofy and more artistic than you may think. Solid album top to bottom...



Bonus: 2011 Mixtape Preview- Available for all at the party

1. Miles Kane- Come Closer
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.- Nothing But Our Love
3. Frank Ocean- Novacane
4. Alex Turner- Stuck On The Puzzle (Submarine EP)
5. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds- Alone On The Rope (B-Side)
6. The Weeknd- Wicked Games
7. Smith Westerns- Smile
8. Beady Eye- For Anyone
9. Girls- How Can I Say I Love You
10. M83- Midnight City
11. Jay-Z & Kanye West- New Day
12. Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx- Nightcall
13. Cocaine 80s- Tommorow
14. Arctic Monkeys- Love Is A Laserquest
15. Washed Out- You & I
16. Kasabian- La Fee Verte
17. Big Sean- Memories (Part II) ft. John Legend
18. Radiohead- Codex

No comments:

Post a Comment